Even though it’s not quite Spring yet, I’m getting a bit excited over Spring makeup! I’m ready to say sayonara to dark and dreary Winter makeup. Pinks, orchids, and rose tones are making their entrance!
For the sake of switching things up, I’m going to be using my Shirley-Temple lookalike cousin Alysha for this tutorial tonight. We got secret Starbucks drinks earlier hehe…(Twix and Chocolate Raspberry)!
Ok, back to the tutorial 🙂
1. First, prime your face to keep your makeup lasting all day. I used NYX’s photo-loving primer in the green shade to combat her redness.
2. Apply a liquid foundation for a medium, dewy coverage without the caked-on look. I used Skin 79 Oriental Gold BB Cream, then set with a loose powder.
3. For blush, apply any pink toned cream product. For this look we’re staying away from powders to ensure a fresh-faced and natural look. On the apples of her cheeks I used NYX’s cream blush stick in Orchid. To apply a stick blush like this, simply twist the tube on your cheek wherever you want a color-payoff, and blend with clean fingers or a brush.
4. Onto the eyebrows~ For Cara Delevigne-esque bold brows, shape your eyebrows with a brow pencil, then fill in any sparse areas with a eyeshadow or brow powder, then brush out any harsh lines. On Alysha I started her brows almost at the bridge of her nose and straightened her arch. I used NYX’s brow pencil in Dark Brown, and the Urban Decay Naked Pallet One’s shadow in Buck.
4. Next I contoured her eyes and nose with Benefit’s Hoola powder, blending the artificial shadows in with a small detail brush. Spend at least a minute blending whenever you contour to make sure it looks natural!
5. Lastly, I used Estee Lauder’s lipstick in Blush lightly on her lips to add a pop of warmth! Instead of sliding the lipstick on directly, dab it lightly on the lips to build up your desired color.
Hope you guys enjoy this beautiful and simple Spring look! What are you most excited about for Spring? Leave me a comment!
Follow me on Instagram @clairedelune1113 & Like Conservation Couture on Facebook!