Happy Sunday! I was looking on Pinterest this morning, looking for a nice new skin treatment to try out, and thought, “Wow, I kind of need to take care of these things” as I mentally thought of my nasty blackheads. If any of you are like me, you’ll know that treating and preventing blackheads are extremely difficult, and often, they just come right back. I for one, am sick of trying to find new ways to combat them, yet I decided to give another try at a DIY treatment. I created this concoction partly because I couldn’t find all the necessary ingredients for other treatments on Pinterest, and partly because I wanted to mix a whole bunch of things together like a kindergartner!
OK LET’S GET RID OF THESE LOSERS!
You will need…
1. 2 tbs olive oil or honey – this helps mix together the other ingredients, and makes your skin super soft. Unless you have really dry skin, you wont have to use a moisturizer after using this.
2. 1 tbs brown sugar – brown sugar (please don’t use white) is the main exfoliator, helping to remove dead skin cells and buff away dirt and oil
3. 1/2 tbs baking soda – this also acts as a mild exfoliant
4. 1/2 tbs ground cinnamon (opt) – cinnamon has many beneficial properties and gets rid of bacteria on the skin that may cause blackheads
5. A “good bit” of lemon juice (opt) – the acid in lemon juice helps destroy bacteria and polish the skin
Mix together in a small bowl and apply wherever needed! I actually used this in the shower, and whatever I didn’t apply on my face I used on my knees and elbows; it made them soooo soft! For best results, massage into your face for one minute, then let rest on your face for five-ten minutes, rinsing off with warm water when done!
Hope this helps you guys! If you like my skin DIY’s, comment with what kind of treatment I should make next!
Until next time,